Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to view MotoGP events in Canada?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the best way to view MotoGP events in Canada?

    Good morning all
    What does everyone do for watching MotoGP events in Canada? Anyone down a membership on the motogp site?
    Thanks
    Steve

  • #2
    Thanks Zac, anyone try viewing the site on their AppleTV, or SmartTV

    Comment


    • #3
      I run it on my smart tv and it works well. BEIN on Rogers carry it too, but they often prioritise the soccer over MotoGP so I stopped using them and coughed up for the subscription.
      Well worth it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JacobBlack View Post
        I run it on my smart tv and it works well. BEIN on Rogers carry it too, but they often prioritise the soccer over MotoGP so I stopped using them and coughed up for the subscription.
        Well worth it.
        Well, as I've moaned repeatedly over the years, some of us, (read ME!) do not have access to cheap high speed. I pay $200 per month for two mobile smart phones with 10GB of data each. We tether our laptops to our cell phones and viola! Speedy internet, sort of.

        I pay the extra bucks to get BeIN sports. I do get upset when they screw with the schedule or the weather fux up the signal. However, I do get to also enjoy WSB and MotoAmerica. And although I'm not a big fan of the US series that first race from Road America was a barn burner worth watching again.
         

        Comment


        • #5
          Following
          Please enter a message with at least 10 characters (please_enter_message_x_chars)

          Comment


          • #6
            I share a MotoGP video pass with friend who gets the WSB pass. Excellent coverage, worth it but you need hi speed web. It's great seeing the U girls before and the spraying of champagne - usually on the girls, after.

            Comment


            • #7
              Regarding MotoGP on AppleTV, there is no direct app support yet so you need to AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad. I watch most races that way. The app supports this on the iPhone and in fact will stream the video to the AppleTV even if you switch out to check your email or text messages etc. on the phone that is streaming. Note, don’t mirror the entire phone to the TV, use the button in the app to AirPlay to the TV.

              Comment


              • TerenceB
                TerenceB commented
                Editing a comment
                Dorna has released a new MotoGP app for TVs. This is easier than mirroring.

                "Ahead of the start of the 2019 MotoGP™ World Championship with the VisitQatar Grand Prix (March 8-10), the MotoGP™ VideoPass team has the pleasure to announce some brand new apps to follow all the action on TV.

                Starting today, VideoPass subscribers will be able to download a brand new app on Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV and Roku to access all the OnDemand and Live contents on the display of their choice.

                Fans using the Official MotoGP™ App, available on iOS and Android, will also benefit from official support for Chromecast and AirPlay to stream MotoGP™ videos from their mobile device to theirs TV."

            • #8
              Originally posted by TerenceB View Post
              Regarding MotoGP on AppleTV, there is no direct app support yet so you need to AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad. I watch most races that way. The app supports this on the iPhone and in fact will stream the video to the AppleTV even if you switch out to check your email or text messages etc. on the phone that is streaming. Note, don’t mirror the entire phone to the TV, use the button in the app to AirPlay to the TV.

              Thank you for this input. I will apply this in the future.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by milo_brite View Post


                Thank you for this input. I will apply this in the future.
                "Ahead of the start of the 2019 MotoGP™ World Championship with the VisitQatar Grand Prix (March 8-10), the MotoGP™ VideoPass team has the pleasure to announce some brand new apps to follow all the action on TV.

                Starting today, VideoPass subscribers will be able to download a brand new app on Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV and Roku to access all the OnDemand and Live contents on the display of their choice.

                Fans using the Official MotoGP™ App, available on iOS and Android, will also benefit from official support for Chromecast and AirPlay to stream MotoGP™ videos from their mobile device to theirs TV."

                Comment

                Working...
                X