Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguro

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-feat...1qD_BGZUtvcuXc

Interesting to read the history of the marque and its relation to Kawasaki.

But I always wonder about the wisdom of these branding exercises. Does anybody call one of those big Yamaha cruisers a Star? Toyota recently discontinued their alternate brand, whose name I can't even remember and wasn't a Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac or Chevy ALWAYS just a GMC?

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
      Interesting to read the history of the marque and its relation to Kawasaki.

But I always wonder about the wisdom of these branding exercises. Does anybody call one of those big Yamaha cruisers a Star? Toyota recently discontinued their alternate brand, whose name I can't even remember and wasn't a Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac or Chevy ALWAYS just a GMC?
      Toyota killed SCION. It was supposed to be for the hipsters, but nobody cared.

Comment

Originally posted by Zac
        Ehhh, a Caddy is always a Caddy, and I think once upon a time there was a significant difference between all those other sub-brands, despite being built on the same platform. But now, nope.
        Badge engineering. My Toyota Matrix was also sold as the Pontiac Vibe. Suzuki automobiles were sold under various GM names.

Comment

Originally posted by TK4 View Post

Badge engineering. My Toyota Matrix was also sold as the Pontiac Vibe. Suzuki automobiles were sold under various GM names.
          Suzuki and Kawasaki have done some badge engineering on cruisers and ATVs, as has Kawasaki and Kymco with ATVs and scooters.
          I believe Arctic Cat and Yamaha are doing something similar now with snowmobiles, can someone clarify ?

Comment

Originally posted by TK4 View Post

Toyota killed SCION. It was supposed to be for the hipsters, but nobody cared.
            Scion was nothing more than a Toyota marketing exercise only for North America. Everywhere else the cars were sold as Toyotas. The one exception was the joint Subaru/Toyota sports coupe sold as a Toyota 86, GT 86, Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ.
            FYI: Toyota partnered up with BMW for the new Supra sports coupe. There is no indication of it ever being released under the BMW banner.

Comment

Working...
            X