Are Pop Up Stores the future ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Pop Up Stores the future ?

It works for Tesla, here's some powersports guys giving it a try.
    Makes sense to me, take the product to the customer, then have your parts & service at a separate location ?
    https://www.parrysound.com/news-stor...-into-Muskoka/

Many shopping malls have plenty of vacant stores nowadays. I imagine they'd be pretty happy to generate some income on all that dead space, so I think we'll see more of it.

I don't know if it will move the needle for the retailers though. having 2 locations, even temporarily can be a PITA. Personally, when I see a half-arsed attempt I don't bother going in for a look. For it to work the landlord and shop needs to make the space look more permanent and professional than flea market-like.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
      Many shopping malls have plenty of vacant stores nowadays. I imagine they'd be pretty happy to generate some income on all that dead space, so I think we'll see more of it.

< snip >
      The Kingston HD store has been doing this in the Belleville Mall for the past three summers. Usual T shirts and leather wear with a couple or three Harleys on display. Never seems to do much business but it appears that a lot of people in the Quinte area buy their HD's in Kingston rather than going north or west.
      Now if only MV Agusta would get it's excrement together and do something similar near me...
      Last edited by Stephen W.; 01-11-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X